As a way to celebrate and congratulate our deserving youth, we choose one of our participants to serve as the Youth Ambassador for the year. This chosen individual will have the honor of being the face of Detroit PAL youth by presenting and being presented at various Detroit PAL events throughout the year. We will showcase this outstanding student athlete, and provide them with the experience, exposure and training to enhance their character and reinforce our core values.
As the Youth of the Year Ambassador, you will be expected to represent Detroit PAL youth by attending a variety of events. Previous Ambassadors have attended:
- Annual Paul W. Smith Golf Classic Fundraiser
- Detroit PAL championship games
- Detroit Tigers on-field check presentation
- Detroit PAL season opening days
- Community partner events
- North American International Auto Show Charity Preview
- Detroit PAL signature fundraising event – MVP Award Banquet
- Youth Empowerment Workshops
The Youth of the Year must be a PAL participant of at least 3 years, be between the ages of 13-17, have at least a 2.5 GPA, and have community service involvement.
Applications are due by December 2nd at 5:00 p.m.