Keep Your Hands Clean
With Michigan’s Stay At Home order in effect it’s critical for the safety of ourselves and others to remain at home as much as possible. Staying home will help flatten the curve and prevent further exposure to the virus. COVID-19 can easily spread by touching contaminated surfaces like door knobs, cell phones and then simply by touching your eyes, nose or mouth. To avoid spreading the virus, here are the CDC Guidelines for washing your hands as demonstrated by one of our PAL kids!
- Wet your hands with clean water (warm or cold). Turn off the tap. Apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? You can hum the Happy Birthday song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them. Hand towels should be replaced every 1-2 days to avoid bacteria build-up.